Sweet Pea Cupcakes
Do you have a loved one’s upcoming birthday? If so, you will need a birthday cake and some snacks to celebrate the day. Would you like to try something quite different? Not only can you make your own cupcakes for the celebration, but you can also experiment with a unique cake recipe. Here, we have a special treat for you – one that’s made with sweet peas.
If the idea of a sweet pea cupcake sounds unappetizing, we invite you to reconsider. Don’t make up your mind before you’ve tried it. These sweet pea cupcakes are absolutely delightful, simple to create, and you’ll most certainly want to make more. So, at the very least, give our recipe a try before deciding whether to include them in your birthday celebration.
Here’s an easy-to-follow recipe for sweet pea cupcakes. This mixture should yield approximately 20 cupcakes.
Ingredients for Sweet Pea Cupcakes:
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 cups of caster sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of pureed sweet peas
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2.5 cups of self-raising flour
- A pinch of salt
1. First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In the meantime, gather and prepare your ingredients.
2. Crack the eggs into a large bowl and mix in the sugar. Whisk them together thoroughly.
3. After whisking the sugar and eggs, add the pureed peas, olive oil, and lemon juice. Ensure that everything you’ve added is mixed very well.
4. Finally, add the flour and continue to mix until well combined.
5. Once the mixture is thoroughly mixed, transfer it into cupcake molds or use cupcake papers.
6. Bake the cupcakes in your preheated oven for 15 minutes.
7. After 15 minutes, remove the cupcakes and let them cool.
8. Finally, complete your cupcakes with your favorite frosting, such as whipped cream.
Enjoy your sweet pea cupcakes!